Subject: [Leica] Leica, new equipment, and their Repair Shop
From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:49:06 -0700

In line with Mr. Henson's problems with his new lenses:

I bought an M6TTL new a year ago, and after three not-very-hard months with
the camera, the meter died. Leica promised a repair in six weeks
('everyone's on vacation right now'); I exchanged a few messages with Ms.
Olesin, convinced her that it wasn't right for a new camera to spend six
weeks being repaired, and they sent me a fresh body (an M6TTL, for those of
you waiting to pounce).

Her responses are sometimes terse:

she replied, and I quote the >entire< e-message, "No! Is not possible!----
Brenda." No room for finaglers in that response, although grammarians will
have a heyday.

If you maintain your patience without relinquishing your insistence on what
you think should be done, you will likely get your way (this is not
necessarily a life-lesson, but it seemed to work with LeicaUSA).