Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Dust in New Lenses NOW: Law firm confidentialitynotices/IIIf shutter noise
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:02:54 -0800

>Isn't it interesting that we have to put up with Mark's sophomoric
>comments every day whereas HE can't take an occasional "legal notice"
>signature.

The legal notice below is meaningless in the context of the Lug, since we
are presumably the intended recipients of the posts. If, by chance, these
posts were to go astray, and be received by folk not subscribed to the
list, I believe the note would still be inappropriate as the material it
contained would most likely not be considered "confidential and/or legally
privileged," since when one subscribes, one learns that the list goes out
to more than 1,000 subscribers world-wide, is archived on a site that
anyone can visit, and apparently even comes up in search engine results.

Mark's posts, on the other hand, are generally useful and frequently
include information that comes from years of experience as a professional
photographer, most particularly with respect to darkroom work. (A quick
search in the archives will show this.) Yes, he is guilty of pelting the
list with jokes both good and bad, but then again so are most of us here on
the LUG (except me, of course). I have learned a great deal from Mark, both
here on list and in private exchanges. In my experience, he is a
knowledgeable and helpful person, even though his sense of humor may
occasionally ruffle a LUG feather here or there.

Guy