Subject: [Leica] Re: industrial light and magic for B.D.
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:03:23 -0500

> From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: industrial light and magic for B.D.
>
> Dave... were the prints made from the negs and then those prints scanned
> into the computer ?  Or direct negative to computerr scan and then
> Photoshopped into images for the WEB?

They were scanned off prints. Ordinarily I print full-frame, but I was using
5 x 7 paper and printed to the edges, so it lost a bit of the negative, but
otherwise got most of what was there. I scanned the prints and didn't do any
adjustments or retouching, just re-sized them in PhotoShop. It was as
mechanical as it got for me -- all the prints were given the precise same
exposures on the same paper grade and scanned the same way. (btw. Thanks to
some advice I got here, the prints were done on Ilford Warmtone and even
though they were just rough draft prints, the tonal range was probably the
best I've seen on an RC paper. The web images don't do anything to translate
the effect (you'd need to save the images as RGB to do that), but trust me,
it's beautiful paper.).

Regards, Dave
http://home.golden.net/~tekapo