Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Chat
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:17:20 -0800

I agree.  I think they really ran a risk with the type of criticism that
comes from this group which appears to be satisfied with great difficulty.

We are at this site because we are owners of the best of the 35mm cameras
produced year after year.   Based on my inventory and the real experience
comments heard here, the lens line is the best in almost any length or
speed.

Leica management ought not to be beat up as badly as the comments
demonstrated here.

How many other manufacturers have cameras soldiering on so flawlessly since
manufactured in the 1930s?

The Zeiss engineering, while commendable, does not function as maintenance
free.

Leica deserves a break and applause for coming to us with the chat.

I am not criticizing you, but, applauding Leica's willingness to risk coming
to us.

Roland Smith