Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa T, 29/1,9 and 21/4 (long!)
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 14:12:33 -0400 (EDT)

Tom,

What is your feeling on the small maximum aperture?  I have been looking
at the various 21s (21/4 Cosina, $350; 21/2.8 Kobalux ($650); and the
21/2.8 Leica $!!!!), and although the Cosina product is tempting, I am
worried about that f/4 maximum is going to be a handicap (I do a lot of
shooting at f/2.8 and wider indoors, and sometimes f/2.8 is a strain).  so
in your observation,

How do the various lenses compare at f/4?  I assume that witin "spitting
distance" of the Leica 21 means when the Leica is stopped down?  Or is it
the COsina at f/4 vs the Leica at 2.8?

What is the handicap of a 21/2.8?  Is it just the width of the lens?

Thanks
Dante

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu> ([Leica] Mardi Gras Snapshots)