Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Epson etc.
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 22:17:00 -0700

Recent Auctions on Ebay have had used/refurbished LS2000's sell in the
$800-900 range.  The Specs on the new Coolscan IV ED have slightly higher
resolution than the LS2000 (2900 dpi) with same dynamic range (3.6), but
higher bit resolution (48 vs 36 - leads to 69MB file sizes vs LS2000 58MB
file sizes)).  The recommended list price for the IV ED is $895 according to
Nikon.  Newer ICE software and additional modules Digital ROC and Digital
GEM. are included

The Coolscan IV ED uses USB while the 4000 and 8000 use IEEE1394 (Firewire -
with board included).  I'm interested in what reviewers will have to say
about these new Nikon units.