Subject: Re: [Leica] 2/50 DR Summicron Vagueries
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 00:35:02 -0400

At 11:23 PM 4/1/2001 EDT, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:
>Fer hev'nsake, Marc, I refer to the optical unit, not the bloomin' lens!
Seth

Seth

The NF unit is light.  I always carry it with me when I am using the M3.
Others on the LUG clearly do so as well:  we had a discussion on this four
or five years back -- Leica USA even made that nifty little black leather
case.  I recall that one List member whinged for some time about losing his
unit while crawling through some odd Connecticut swamp, though it later was
revealed that he had actually stored it in his microwave or his Labrador
Retriever's food bowl or some such.  <he grins:  the member will spot
himself immediately from this revealing description>

Erwin and I have had our differences over this lens, as I used to regard it
as the best normal lens Leica ever made, until Erwin set me straight.  I
know bow to his knowledge -- but I still don't regret selling the
Second-Generation and Third-Generation versions of the lens.  The DR is a
great lens which suits my needs.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!