Subject: [Leica] 15mm Heliar--Vignetting & Underexposure
From: Howard Wells <sandwell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:33:02 -0400

I agree with Ted Grant about using incident metering with this lens.
I've shot with a Nikkor 15mm lens as well and unless you are careful
with your center-weighted TTL metering you are likely to get
underexposure.

As for the quality of the Heliar I find it very satisfactory. I shot a
50' wide mosaic under less than perfect conditions--could not get more
than 10' away from the piece and harsh sunlight--and the results were
lovely with Provia 100 F. I've only used one sample of the lens but it
is a great bargain.
Howard Wells