Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin's Leica Lens Compendium
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:02:47 -0400

2001-04-02-03:30:12 Douglas Cooper:
> The next test -- although there's no way of being objective about this -- is
> to get together for a scotch, and pass around examples of the DR Summicron
> and the current version, to determine relative build quality.

There's the part that sounds like fun to me.  Who's up for a Scotch
'n' paperweight party?  Hell, a Scotch 'n' print party would work, too
- -- the constant being the important part.  Will the Laphroaig drinkers
prefer the contrast of the new and Macallan drinkers the old? Will it
break along young/old whisky boundaries (I have a friend who avoids the
older Bowmores -- says they taste kind of faded)?  Sure, sounds like fun.
Lenses?  Sure, bring some along -- they shouldn't get in the way too
badly.