Subject: Re: [Leica] ahem
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:42:33 EDT

In a message dated 04-04-01 04:12:09 GMT Daylight Time, jon@jonlister.com
writes:

<< Incidentally, Kodachrome is a bastard to scan but they look great on a
 lightbox and picture editors love to see them. >>

You know, I have no trouble scanning Kodachrome, in fact it is one of my
favourites. What you must do is turn the ICE off on the Nikon scanners as it
reacts with silver in the emulsion and Kodachrome is the only slide film to
contain silver. I have also built some colour correction into the scan
parameters of the Nikon and saved them so I can get the same setting every
time.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Corporate & Stock Photography