Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and older lens
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:06:53 -0700

> le 04.04.2001 16:07, Jim Hemenway à jim@hemenway.com a écrit :
>
> > The R8 instruction
> > booklet stated something to the effect that my 60mm needs to be ROMed,
> > otherwise it can/will damage the camera.<<<<<<

Hi Jim,

That's nice to know, as I've used my beat up 60 macro bought in Munich
during the 1972 Summer Olympics and nothing has happened to either of my
R8's. And I've used it with the macro adapter and a few times with an extra
macro adapter and the 2X extender all at the same time..... all non-rom! :-)

But then the ROM contacts really don't mean a hill of beans unless you're
using a zoom flash and or are so picky that you might get an infinitesimal
aperture adjustment for an exposure without flash.

All my R lenses are non-rom and they work perfectly well under all
conditions, so if one has the option of buying cheaper price non-rom glass,
I recommend it highly.

At the moment to spend major dollars for rom contacts is doing nothing more
than spending your money for cosmetic fluff!  And throwing your money away
on a sales pitch of meaningless nothing!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant