Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 07:41:58 -0400

>>> The only modification I can suggest is trying it in
>>> Xtol 1:3
>>
>>I believe he did use 1:3...at least that's what it says at the top of
the
>>web page?

>That's what I thought, too.

>Guy

Yes, it was develped at 1:3. I've always used XTOL at that dilution so I
did it that way this time more out of habit than anything else. Since I
liked the results so much, I'll probably stick with it. Two things I
didn't mentions were these: first, the negatives seemed very easy to
print from, which was a nice surprise. The second wasn't so nice: I had
a devil of a time loading the film. Maybe I was just ham handed on
Saturday, but this film seemed very springy which made it a handful. Is
this normal? Loading it reminded me a bit of Recording Film & that's not
a nice comparison!

Thanks for all the comments about the test shots and for Mark Rabiner's
valuable off-list neg popping advice. You should post that to the list,
Mark. I'm sure there are others who would benefit.

Simon Stevens