Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 seal
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 19:53:04 -0400

At 06:22 PM 4/9/2001 -0500, onetreehillclw wrote:
>I have a M3 that instead of the "L" seal, the camera has the
>number 92 in the seal hole. I know the camera has been taken
>apart for cleaning, I just have never seen numbers in the place
>of the "L" seal. It is a double stroke from 1957.

Chris

I recall that the numbers were used to denote authorized independent repair
folks, which would mean that your camera was disassembled at some such
facility in the past and then the seal was so marked to indicate this
service.  But I can't lay my hands on the source of this at the moment.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] M3 seal)