Subject: [Leica] "90mm" Options
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 23:56:05 -0400

We were discussing the Jupiter 9 (85/2) in LTM and its worth as a well made
shooter for the 90 range.
After I raved about mine the other day I dropped mine from about 3 feet
high. I tested it that afternoon on the Bessa R with half a roll of TCN
rated at 800ISO.

The lens is still working as well as ever. (Must have been made on a
Wednesday.) :)

Here are some of the resulting test images:
http://www.goodphotos.com/images/Jupiter9atF22.jpg and
http://www.goodphotos.com/images/Jupiter9atF22a.jpg
They were scanned from a 4X6 'pebble finish' prints (hey, I was anxious and
in a hurry to see if it was still working) both shot about 1/1000 at f/22
on Main St. in beautiful downtown Bridgton, Maine. (pop 3500, salute!)

Not bad for a $100 lens.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé
http://www.GoodPhotos.com