Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicoid Digital.....
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:28:10 -0700

Doug...have you ever used your Leica  R lenses on a digital body....Canon or
Nikon....too many compromises or incompatablities...is it  just a stupid
idea?  I assume what you said below applies only to M lenses...

- -----   Steve

> For normal focussing distances this is a fantasy, because the
flange-to-film plane distance on a rangefinder is shorter than on any
35mm-based reflex camera, at least the ones I know of.  For close-ups with
typical M lenses, or viso lenses at normal distances, you can use one of the
adapters like those sold by Stephen Gandy to put the lens on a D30 or D1, or
you can use a viso-to-R adapter and then get a Novoflex R-to-EOS adapter.