Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicoid Digital.....
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:17:58 -0500

Steve,
If you want a digital camera now, go and buy a D30 and a Canon zoom like
maybe a 17-35. That will equal about a 24-50 on a film camera and you can
make pictures. Adding a Leica lens is not going to help. Its just going
to slow you down. With a Canon lens on your Canon camera you get all the
features you paid for. Just know that in a year or two you'll probably
want to sell the D30 to someone and buy the next newest thing out. (same
for any digi cam you buy today)

Or if that sounds too complicated/expensive buy a 990 Nikon. You would be
amazed at the pictures you can make with this fairly inexpensive camera.
I've published pictures from this camera and done a bunch of commercial
work with it. Literally hundreds of portraits and product shots. It has
amazing image quality. You do have to work around the point and shoot
features but you CAN do it.

As for the idea of Leica glass on Canon bodies check the archives. There
is a ton of info about this and even a Nikon body that was modified to
take a Leica lens.

http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/

Henry