Subject: [Leica] Paw 15 (Rabiner)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:18:24 -0700

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/PawPages/Paw15shopwindowNun.html

I forgot to put in the text yet that this was Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:3.

The original scan was a 6.6 mg Photoshop file greyscale, twice that filesize
when it was 16 bit!
2465 pixels by 3698 pixels
I scanned it on my Nikon LS-2000 at 4x instead of my usual 16x and there was a
texture of artifacts i had not run into before. Might have to try it at 16x and
see if it's still there!
Took a minuteand 12 seconds at 4x. It takes 3 or 4 minutes i think at 16x!

I cloned it taking dust specks out and downsampled it for the web to 704x480
pixels and all that stuff and sense of the grain of the film is gone! The brush
stroke of photography gone.

And i jpeged it very slightly, set the save for web at 90; higher than the
maximum default which is 80. It does go to 100 but my file size i saw was at
200k! a bigger one! It would have gone to 240 at 100 jpeg i think

Mark Rabiner
to be continued....

Portland, Oregon
USA