Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hopelessly Behind - an idea!
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:45:22 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/01 7:38:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jim_brick@agilent.com writes:

<< That solves nothing. There is still the same amount of mail to slog through
 whether done bit-by-bit throughout the day or in large time consuming chunks.

Jim: It solves a great deal. I'm a lawyer. We keep track of our time spent
and many  lawyers bill clients strictly by time (I happen to believe that
that involves a built-in conflict of interest but that's another discussion).
We have found it incontrovertible that turning away from work to answer a
phone call, check e-mail or whatever interrupts the attention to the task,
returning to work, turning away again, returning etc. is an enormous waste of
time. The time lost in the physical act of doing it (which is a real loss) is
nothing compared to the loss in concentration and focus that has to be
regained each time one leaves off the telephone, e-mail or whatever the
interruption and reverts to the job. Tina's correct. Far more efficient to do
it early, do it late, and get the job done in between. Believe it.

Best,      LaK 9