Subject: [Leica] Addendum to Friday for sale: M, R and LTM
From: DavidS8451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:24:20 EDT

Sorry that I left out some key information from my first post.  I've updated
the information below.  It looks like the Heliar is sold.  Again, I apologize
for the bandwidth.

Dave Schaller
Newton, MA
Davids8451@aol.com
617-964-6095

LTM gear:
IIIc serial #417xxx with coated Elmar 3.5/50 serial #841xxx and (I forget the
designation) hood that allows you to change f stops without touching the
lens.  Camera and lens (and hood) in great shape.  The slow speeds may be a
little sticky, I can't guarentee.  There are hairline scratches on the chrome
base, but the condition of the vulcanite is perfect.  The rangefinder is a
little dim.  The lens is superlative.  I love this camera, but I'm not using
it....  I will split up this package if desired.  $450 for both.  $250 for
the IIIc and $200 for the Elmar.  However, I'd *really* like to sell the body
with the lens, since I don't want to have the IIIc with no lens.

"Voightlander" 15 mm 4.5 ASPH Heliar.  BLACK. Serial #9941xxx.  MINT.  With
caps and finder (maybe boxes).  As new, only used a couple of times.  $325.

M gear:
M3 serial #950xxx.  Single stroke.  Frame preview and self timer.  Excellent
+.  Bought from Sherry Krauter last April, I haven't used it as much as I'd
thought I would.  I tend to use 35 mm lenses more often than 50 mm and
longer.  Shutter speeds and viewfinder are great. One chip off the vulcanite
just above film speed reminder dial on back, and one or two pinpricks in the
chrome.  Not collectible but a fantastic user.  $1000.

R gear:
Leicaflex Standard, chrome serial #1151xxx with Summicron R 2/50 serial
#2205xxx, with reversible hood and cap, series VI retaining ring and UV
filter.  Overall, Excellent + .  Some paint worn off the lens, retaining ring
is beat up but functional, but the glass is perfect.  The shutter speeds are
good.  The meter is about 1 stop off, but maybe just needs a new mercury
battery I think.  Some desilvering in the mirror, which shows up on the sides
of the view screen.  (Note, I may be wrong about "desilvering" in that it may
just be dirty and need a good cleaning.  I really don't know enough to say,
and I wanted to err on the side of caution.  )Small hairline scratches on the
baseplate.  Very usable with a nice lens.  Vintage instruction book included.
 $300.

R4 Black body in original case.  Serial #1611xxx.  Excellent ++.  Everything
working as it should. This was my electronic R body until I got an R8.  Hell
of a good entry into the R system or backup body.  $350.