Subject: Re: [Leica] Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:54:39 -0700

From: "Tristan Tom" <Tristan@TristanTom.COM>

> I'm thinking of getting a medium format rangefinder camera,
> specifically the mamiya 7. does anyone have any opinions on which
> medium format to go with? of course my leica m6 will be used most of
> the time (it's small and light and goes with me everywhere).

Most, if not all, modern cameras are well made and produce excellent
results.
If you are comfortable with rangefinders and their limitations, Mamiya 7-II
would be the first choice.
Built-in meter
Auto exposure AE
Fully manual exposure option
Excellent rangefinder
Interchangeable lenses
Superb Optics (43, 50, 65, 80, 150)
35mm kit included

Second choice would be Fuji 6x7 or 6x9.
Non interchangeable lenses
No meter
Manual exposure only
Excellent  rangefinder
Superb optics (90mm or 65mm)
Largest of medium format negatives (6x9 model)
(I have one of these and I will never sell it)

In a reflex camera first choice would be Hasselblad (6x6)
Second choice Contax (6x4.5)

In 6x7 negative format reflex, Pentax 6x7 or Mamiya RZ.

You really won't know which suits you until you have worked with it for a
while. Go to a store and handle them all before deciding. Bring plenty of
cash.

Joe