Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:41:48 -0400

> the
> Rolleiflex yields a vastly larger and more usable negative.

You'll get no argument from me there, but that's different than usability.

> I would repeat the Ted Grant Dictum
> to all reading this thread:  buy something, shoot pictures, and make your
> own mind up.

I did.  I have both a 2.8F and a GX, as well as an M6...and though I love
using the Rolleis, they just don't 'operate' as smoothly as the M (which I
believe what was in question, not the image quality), because of the hand
swapping...  Can you shoot a Rollei TLR without hand swapping?  If so, I
really would like to learn how.