Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:18:19 -0700

>Size is different than weight.  I said nothing about weight.

You've obviously made up your mind about TLRs, but I'm curious to know
about all the medium format cameras more compact than a TLR.

In terms of size, a TLR is roughly the profile of a Hasselblad 500 with
80mm lens turned on its end. Not tiny, but not enormous either. Fits
nicely in its everready case or a small shoulder bag. In fact there are
no protruding bits to get damaged, it's a compact "brick"-shaped camera.

The Mamiya 6 had a collapsible lens mount which the 7 does not have.
I doubt the 7 takes up less room in a bag than a TLR. I bet even the
6 does.

I think you'd have to go to Zeiss folders to get something more compact.

Byron.