Subject: Re: Too much: was Re: [Leica] europe on 1 roll a day
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:20:04 -0700

Johnny Deadman wrote:
>>>Hell, I once shot 23 rolls in five hours. Is that a record for a non
motor-wind camera??<<<

Hi Johnny, I guess I have to cede the record for a one day shoot over to you
at that rate. ;-)

On July 1, 1985 I went through 53 rolls of Kodachrome 64 between 5 a.m. and
10 p.m. on an assignment for a major 36 projector AV presentation in
production for EXPO 86 in Vancouver.

And I don't recall shooting that many in one day at any other time in my
career, been lots of 25 -35 roll days and of course lots of 1 roll days. ;-)
Heck even on a long time birthing I've gone through 30 rolls quite easily in
capturing all the details, facial expressions and TLC that goes on.

Of course you never use every frame, but then a writer doesn't use every
word he writes while doing a story either.  Film is nothing more than tubes
of paint and brushes an artist uses to create a complete painting..
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant