Subject: Re: [Leica] What - 30 sec ?
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:08:01 +0200

> OK - you can all breath again - serves me right - caught by my own
> inaccurate reporting - I meant 1/30 sec.  But seriously, isn't slow speed
> shooting one of the major reasons for using an M - love that quiet "snick"
> as the shutter moves over.

It isn't slow speed! It is a normal speed...

With IIIc, I usually go down to 1/15 - 1/10. Photos are sharp.
With 35mm lens and steady eye, you can go down to 1/2 - 1/4 :
http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy/photos/xmas.htm
but you *WILL* lose a shot or two...

And yes, shutter sound, even in IIIc, is the most *photographic*
sound I know of. (big Sunpak *thud!* doesn't count. Nor EOS's *bzzzz*) :)
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace