Subject: Re: [Leica] personal attacks
From: Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:03:11 -0400

For All,

Politeness and respect are exercised by most members of the LUG.  A difference of opinion is healthy, encouraged, and often leads to new
understanding.  It usually crosses the line into insult and berating when members try and TELL other members what to do, or personally attack them.

Austin, my friend, and I do mean this with all do respect, the way you often speak to other members, whether intended or not, is often insulting and
belittling.  The tone in your writing enrages others, even if they are not part of the discussion.  This may be the way you speak to people
face-to-face, and if it is, it will certainly be cause for many confrontational encounters.   I dare say many people know as much as you on the LUG,
and would gladly debate you on many topics, but a respectful debate is the only useful one.  I hope you can re-read and understand how the tone in
many of your posts is offensive to others.  Maybe then, civility can resume and needless insults can be abolished.

We are all equals on this forum and and an equal amount of respect should be given to all.

Respectfully,
Rob McElroy
Buffalo, NY