Subject: Re: [Leica] OT-First F100 disaster
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:54:06 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:

> On Tue, 17 April 2001, Henning Wulff wrote:
>

> > When Nikon went to AI metering from the old prong connection, the
> > 'pro' cameras had a flip up tab (steel) on the aperture follower on
> > the camera, and the lesser cameras had the plastic follower.
> >

> Initially, all Nikon and Nikkormat bodies had the flip-up tab, including Nikon FM, Nikkormat FT3 and Nikon EL2.
>
> Doug Herr

Yes but the flip up tabs would have cost them five cents more per camera to make!
So they would have lost millions if they would have continued that.
So the tabs become immovable and plastic.
I keep my FM for more than the nostalgic value.
But to use my 45 GN lens on it...
and some other old glass.
although it's been years and years...

Mark Rabiner