Subject: Re: [Leica] Medium format camera
From: ShadCat11@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:05:37 EDT

<<A waist level viewfinder such as i use on my Rolleiflex 2.8 F TLR and
Hasselblads has me shooting from the hip in a way which frees me from burying
my
head in a camera box.
In many ways i get shots and so in effect shoot faster than i do with any eye
level camera, format aside.
Nothing beats being face to face with what one is shooting.>>

I am confused by this, Mark.  Doesn't "face to face" describe viewing through
a direct (Leica-like) finder?

<<When they're coming at you from all directions; when the pies are in the
air:
waist level viewfinder cameras are where I'd like to be. You can see em coming
and either go for the shot or duck.

My Rollei TLR technique when surrounded by unruly and sometime hazardous
events was to use the sports finder.  I felt it safer, if less precise, to
view directly without any ground glass or other intermediary.  A 35 mm RF
would also have been satisfactory, but in Olden Days I didn't always have
one, being a serial camera owner then.

Allen Zak

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Medium format camera)