Subject: [Leica] Re: OT-First F100 disaster
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:58:08 -0700

>Now only the F5 has the steel flip-up follower as far as I know.

I was under the impression that even the F5 doesn't come this way from
the factory, but that the flip-up tab can be added afterwards.

I have a beater F3 which did fail in a similar way: the spring returning
the AI ring to neutral broke once. Again, not a costly or difficult
repair, and I just shot guess-to-matic for a while.

The same F3 even had its meter circuit go out entirely once, and I used
it for a few months on 1/90sec only. That was an interesting time.

Byron.