Subject: Re: [Leica] The Nikon FM
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:39:07 +0800

>> I keep my FM for more than the nostalgic value.
>>  But to use my 45 GN lens on it...
>>  and some other old glass.
>>  although it's been years and years...
>>
>>  Mark Rabiner
>-------------------------------------
>Mark,
>
>Has the original FM ever failed anyone who used it with respect? It's about
>as close to a sure thing as you're going to find in this world.
>
>br

I've used 2 FMs and a FM2 for years and they are built well and go on
working for years. IMO, that may be the reason why Nikon is still making
them even though the many models of AF electronic marvels have come and
gone. All said, I am using them FM/FM2 less and less now that I am smitten
by the Leica bug (for its many attributes) and also the Contax G2 (for the
AF, AE, great CZ lenses at very modest cost). Latest addition is the Konica
Hexar RF. Plonk on a M-lens, and I have my dream setup. I used to praise
the G2 because almost all my negs are well exposed and printable. With the
Hexar, I have ditto for the G2 (sans AF) but Leica glass to boot.

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] The Nikon FM)