Subject: [Leica] Re: The Nikon FM
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:04:53 -0400

> From: Afterswift@aol.com
> Subject: [Leica] The Nikon FM

> Has the original FM ever failed anyone who used it with respect? It's
about
> as close to a sure thing as you're going to find in this world.

Now you're getting me all misty-eyed. The first SLR I ever got was a 1977
Nikon FM that I purchased used from a pawn shop fifteen years ago for a
measly cnd $75 for the body & 50mm lens. Bought lots of other Nikons
afterwards, but I swear none was as close to my heart as that camera. Went
the Leica rangefinder route six years ago and gave the FM to my girlfriend,
who uses it all the time and gets consistently great photos with it. Like
myself, it's giving her a pure, basic education in photography.

Regards, Dave