Subject: Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:17:43 -0500

>I still remember when Leica users wanted an M6 with TTL flash capability.
>When Solms brought out the M6-TTL, I hear bellyaching like this new toy is
>about 1mm taller, shutter speed dial turning wrong way, batteries being
>chewed up, etc etc. Leica users are hard to please.
Shutter speed dial direction was a dumb move. NO logic to it.
What, did they get a deal on components from the supplier so they went
with the other direction?

I'd like to have a TTL M but not to use along side my old ones. I'm sure
I COULD overcome the direction difference but WHY fight it?
Now they should change back and create some instant collector items out
of the cameras with backwards speed dials!

An off/on switch seems so simple.

>The Konica Hexar RF is a darn fine camera and is the answer to many wish
>lists which Solms has so far failed to address. I am using one and my
>greatest regret is that I am not using one earlier. All said, I cannot
>understand why they did not make that flash TTL on the Konica RF. It could
>have been a winner.
>
>Dan K.
I think this is a lot of the answer.
No TTL flash on the Hexar. DUUUUHHHH!
A real TTL flash with useable features like small size, a swivel/tilt
head, AA battery use is in line with what people want for the kind of
work that asks for this equipment. They left it out.

I'm sure I've shot myself in the foot at least as often as these two
camera manufacturers.
I just don't have 1000 people looking over my shoulder telling me about
my mistakes. Whew!

:)
Henry