Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica shops in Montreal ;-) ;-) ;-)
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:20:51 +0800

Francesco,

I only know of one Leica dealer in Montreal, Simon's Cameras at 11 St.
Antoine Quest.  When dealing with them, you have to observe the following
rules:

1. Make sure you have the item in your hands before parting with your money,
or hand over your credit card;

2. Do assemble all the sales staff and ask every one of them that the item
you are interested in has not already been sold to a buyer who had
telephoned earlier; if someone is on leave or off sick, ask the shop owner
to confirm that the absentee has not already sold the item you are
interested in;

3. Do not let them know of your e-mail address or they will send unsolicited
e-mails for items that you have not requested for or have no interest in;
for example, they may ask you if you are interested in a US$29,000 lens, and
they will hold it for your for only 24 hours as special favour;

> I received a call from the Hasselblad distributor informing me that I would be
> receiving another Hasselblad Telephoto Power Pack Zeiss Tele Super Achromat FE
> 300mm f2.8 complete with Zeiss Apo Mutar 1.7XE. I had never expected this lens
> since the original order dates to July 1999. I would like to offer you this
> lens first. The anticipated delivery is mid-April. The asking price is
> $29,000.00 US. Please let me know your decision within 24 hours.

[I did not reply I could offer the same lens for close to half price,
ahem.... :-) ]

Some rather thick-skinned individual......

4. Once you have bought what you want, run out of the shop as soon as
possible before the salesman changes his mind.  And do not surface at the
shop again for some time, just in case the seller tries to back out the
deal.

5. Check on eBay that the item you are interested in is not also offered by
a seller who does not own it.

6. Good luck, and happy shopping!

The above may or may not apply to you,  it is merely reflects my limited
experience with the said dealer.

Best regards,

Joseph ;-)  ;-)  ;-)