Subject: Re: [Leica] now (matt kollasch) / Color neg film under flourescent?
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:57:50 -0500

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW Update (matt kollasch) / Color neg
film under flourescent?

exposure latitude of neg
> > film) for a shoot in school classrooms that are lit w/
fluorescent
> > lighting.  I will not be using a flash (I hope) and I
don't have any
> > filters to compensate for the lighting.<<<<<
>
> Hi Matt,
> Film?
>
> From the results of a recent assignment where we shot
about 40 plus rolls of
> colour neg under all kinds of mixed light, fluorescent,
daylight, mercury
> vapor combinations and oh yeah tungsten also. We used
Kodak Supra 800!

> The results of using Supra 800 were quite remarkable. I'd
say run with that,
> as you have speed for available classroom lighting, plus
fine grain and good
> looking colour.
>
> On the other hand,  there will now be 329 other
observations and film
> choices posted to completely cloud your mind in answer to
your question! ;-)
> ted
> Ted Grant Photography Limited
> www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Here's #1 of 329, leaving 328 to go  . . .  I vote for Fuji
Superia X-TRA  800 for the same reasons Ted likes Supra 800.
I use it frequently, and rarely have to drag out the flash
in classrooms and Library.

Regards,

SonC

Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW Update (matt kollasch) / Color neg film under flourescent?)