Subject: [Leica] Vöigtländër Viëwfindër Sägä
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:11:15 -0600

Well I have had my Voigtländer 35mm finder for about a month now and I must
say that I am very pleased. The finder is bright and contrasty with
excellent BL framelines and no distortion. I like the finder with a zone
focused lens, very natural and comfortable in use.

I have just three small quibbles. First, the eye relief should be greater.
Unless your eye is right against the finder, the finder blacks everything
surrounding the framelines. It works well but you cannot see outside the
frame. Second, it should come with a case or at least they should offer one
as an accessory! It is just a little too big for the Leica's finder case.
Any ideas out there? Finally the front element is so big and curved that it
is right out there with no shielding from the plastic casing. It makes one
very nervous about placing down anywhere that is not velvet lined! Again a
case would help. Great finder at a good price but I prefer the Leica ones
where they are available and not priced out of the user market as the Leica
35 finder is.

John Collier