Subject: Re: [Leica] Portra 400 BW (Was: Film Demise)
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:28:15 -0500

I think you are right. The whole reason for the existence is this film is
so that wedding guys can offer a "black& white" service and still have
all their film and prints run on a machine. The images will look like B&W
to the bride and her mother. And look like faded crap in 25 years. At
this level it makes perfect sense. But why would I want to pay double
price for a roll of film if I don't work this way? I already have XP2 and
its cheap and excellent quality.

Its more about Kodak getting your money than it is about anything else.
Short circuiting craft and art.

That said I'd like to hear your impressions of the film when you get a
chance.

Henry

Replies: Reply from "Margaret Jeffcoat" <margaret01@excelonline.com> (Re: [Leica] Portra 400 BW (Was: Film Demise))
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Portra 400 BW (Was: Film Demise))