Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 serial number
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:59:19 -0700

Pascal wrote:
>>> It does matter, in the sense that I (and most probably many others)
> wouldn't buy an R8 if it were "made in Ulan Bator" at the price they are
> currently selling it for. I'd expect to see a much lower price in that
> case.<<<<

Hi Pascal,

But you and I know that the reason the price isn't lower, no matter where
the Leica is made, hell sand fleas in the Sahara could be making them and
the price would be the same. Why?

Because the guys at the top want to maintain the same amount of money in
their pay cheques (and a big bonus at the end of the fiscal year) and to
make the company more profitable.

Simple economics and if they can get the same quality of production for the
offering of one human a day to the sand fleas, they are going for it big
time.  Money talks!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant