Subject: [Leica] Elmar question
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:16:04 -0400

Today I traded a mint and boxed 25/4 C/V Skopar with Sherry K. for an
awesome little Elmar 5cm/3.5 at the PHSNE show in Waltham, MA. I couldn't
get used to the 'scale focus in Meters' thing on the Skopar. I still think
in feet and found myself shooting at f/4 alot where the great DOF didn't
help all that much. I also wanted a small Leitz 50 for the IIIc. (I can
finally participate in the FOM2 project again!)

The Elmar has the old f/3.5, 4.5, 6.3, 9, 12.5 & 18 apertures, (flawless
glass) and 'mtr' and 'Germany' but no SN that I can find inscribed on the base.

Anyone have an idea of approximately how old it is?

Thanks in advance.
Michael E. Berube
http://www.GoodPhotos.com