Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 serial number
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:58:31 EDT

If you found a Leica made in China, you would be smiling all the way to the
bank. The famous Red Flag M4 copy that Mrs Mao had made is an all time high
end prime collectible. It came with a 35/2 (?), a 50/1,4 and a 90/2. It looks
like a M4 but with enough differences not to be a relabelled camera. If you
find one and sell it a Christie's Auction, expect to walk out with $15-20000.
I have only seen a couple of them and the owners would not let me use them
for actual pictures, but supposedly they were not bad at all. Totally
handmade and assembled as a Premium Product to promote Chinese Industry. So
much for Made In China."
Tom A