Subject: RE: [Leica] Film Demise
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 13:45:31 -0400

Here is your mistake:

> However in order to calculate the maximum number of pixels in the scanned
> image,

You are talking about something completely different than I was, and not
relevant to the topic that I was discussing.  I never said a thing about the
number of pixels in the SCANNED IMAGE.  We were not talking about scanning,
that was not the topic of discussion.  That is a straight calculation and
has nothing to do with sampling theory.

The topic of discussion was the equivalent digital sensor to film, which is
NOT the same as scanning film, as I stated, it could, for all practical
purposes, be 1/2 the scanned resolution of film once your scanner starts to
resolve grain.

Replies: Reply from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> ([Leica] Problems with web pages)