Subject: RE: [Leica] Other TTL flash system with R8, was: Nikon SB28 forM6TTL
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:39:27 +0200

"It depends on the flash and camera used. The original post seemed to imply
that the camera was an F3 which uses a TTL flash system different from every
other camera (Nikon et al). I never used TTL flash with my F3 so I cannot
comment on the what nor wherefore.

As far as my extremely limited knowledge goes. The SB28 cannot be used as a
TTL flash with the F3. This may well explain why it is not working nor
recycling properly."

Excuse me for  this OT mail but it seems that someone is interested in SB
24, 25 ... flashes in Nikon F3. They can actually be used TTL with accesory
AS17 which merely drives signal from the camera to the flash. F3 uses same
general metering cell for mastering the flash and general metering so you
cannot have sametime metering from flash and from ambient light as more
modern SLR flash management which take account of ambient light for dosing
flash light. Recycling time depends only of batteries charge not of flash
mode. Anyway TTL consumes less energy that automatic so perhaps  condenser
is not fully discharged. But this is in opposite senseso that  TTL had to
have shorter recycling times.
I hope this help

Reamining on topic I've ordered two months ago a Summicron 28 f:2 asph. You
know if delays are really longs?

Kind regards

Félix