Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photographing anarchists (400 ISO neg film)
From: ShadCat11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:20:05 EDT

<<> I was using Fuji Superia 400, and find that in some
> shots the grain was more prominent than I would like.  A reasonably fast
> film is necessary, since the lens on the Contax has a maximum aperture
> that varies from between f3.5 and f6.5.  Can anyone give me advice on the
> finest grained colour negative film of about that speed?

If grain is too prominent on Superia 400, I suspect some underexposure.  With
proper exposure, Superia 400 is one of the finest grained color neg films
available at any ISO/ASA speed.  It's my regular all-arounder, and my only
reason for using anything slower is for contrast control.  The 800 version is
almost as fine grained.  Try rating Superia @ 320 before shopping elsewhere.

Allen Zak