Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica ChallengeTO KICK B. D. ;-)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:41:34 -0400

Tom Finnegan wrote:

> You can see how you did - pretty poorly for someone with such strong
> opinions about how given photographs should be taken and what would make
> them better.
>
> Now I know I it's bush of me to get annoyed at the kind of "constructive
> criticism" you've so freely provided. And I know that when I post photos
> I ask for feed back. So you are, of course, entitled to your opinions of
> the photos. BUT - Given your admission of having very little
> photographic experience, I'd suggest throwing away the books and the art
> 101 course and getting out and spending 15 hours with a family, or 17
> hours in a labor/delivery room, or attempting to take photos at a
> funeral without outraging those whose loved one has died, and then look
> at your photos and see if they are shot "correctly" by the standards you
> set here.
>
> B. D.
> **************************
>
> So..... what exactly are you trying to say here? Does this mean I don't win
> the prize? Damn! And I thought for sure that if I was the only one who
> entered I'd at least have a chance. ;-)
>
> Tom Finnegan
> Seattle

A number have entered - and I don't know yet who wins the prize. In the
matter of guessing lenses, you have actually done better than many -
although I have been surprised that someone with such strong opinions
about, and knowledge of, perspective, framing, etc., could be so dead
wrong so often about the focal length used to shoot a given image.. ;-)
But in any case, if you win, you get the prize.

B. D.