Subject: Re: [Leica] heresy
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:28:49 -0700

><Snip>
>
>   a) A recommendation for a hot-shoe flash for this application. Note
> that I'm not going to use it to light the subject, but just to
> communicate with the Speedotrons to tell them to light the subject, or,
>
>   b) A recommendation for some sort of radio or infrared remote trigger
> that syncs from the hot shoe. These things must exist, but I've never
> seen them.
>
> Brian

I often use a Nikon AS-15 which goes right on the Hotshoe and keeps out of the way.
You can get a since cord for it that screws in and wont fall out with double
prongs on the other end.
These go into the long cord which goes into your speedetron.

At "kibbles and bits" mention this to them and see if they have the special
short cord to fit into the Nikon thing.
The Nikon AS-15 might have cost more then 20 bucks but i think it's worth it.

Nothing worse then sync cord falling out and this will never happen with the
Nikon as-15.

Some day soon I'll get into some infrared thing or radio thing but i keep
putting it off.

I've used a small flash which fires my Balcars but even a small flash is weight
throwing the camera off center for my predominate verticals. And you have to
worry about the batteries in the flash and the recyling of that flash. Sometimes
the very small white dot key light you get in the eye as a result is good and
sometimes bad.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA