Subject: Re: [Leica] A great LUG meet & Greet
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:08:10 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:
> said that Alastair has done a fairly poor job of marketing this wonderful
> project. With so many things competing for ones attention these days you
> need to be constantly "selling"<<<<<<<

Hi Steve,

I guess your right given we see little mention of the FOM2 project of late.
However, in Alastairs defense he is like the rest of us and yourself, busy
with the day to day of real life and I figure the majority of Luggers are
aware of the project and should need no reminding. Alas that is not the case
and like any project it requires a constant reminder appearing on the
screen.

Maybe he could plug in an automatic post weekly something like John Collier
does with his weekly reminder of un & subscribing to the LUG. In that way
newbies could look in the archives or at least ask what it's about, then
they could become FOM2 contributors.

I'll be taking him to the Seattle Clipper later today and I'll ask him about
it.

> complain about 'Red Dots' than actually take pictures. Look at the PAW
> project, maybe about 6 or 8 people at this point still doing it weekly and
> virtually no comment about the pictures that are posted every week.<<<<

Quite true! Unfortunately I think some who might make comment are a tad gun
shy at doing so for fear of offending a fellow member or they feel they lack
experience to do so . And that may contribute to the lack of comments. I
have on occasion made a remark or two, but am remiss in doing it on a
regular basis. I will however, after May 8th try to be consistent in
comment. As I'm off to shoot in California and also a bit of R&R returning
May 8th. So hang in there Steve and I'll praise or wrap knuckles where
needed. ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant