Subject: Re: [Leica] Quitting the LUG
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:40:18 -0400

on 4/28/01 4:30 PM, SonC (Sonny Carter) at SonC@sonc.com wrote:

> What I do care about is that some nice people get  trashed in here when they
> try to ask a simple question, make a point, or even a joke,  by people who
> seem to have forgotten to take  their medications.
>
> Some talented people are opting out of the LUG, and that's a shame.  Others
> will arrive, but they might be shy, and never  replace those colorful and
> talented people who are leaving.

well I agree with the sentiment but can't help but be reminded by this
story, told to me (for UK luggers) by the esteemed Ian Hislop (Private Eye
editor) when we were working together on a TV series about the C of E.

Bolshevik Russia. A revolutionary walks into a church and confronts the
priest. "Your religion is dying", he says. "Look at your congregation! It is
all old ladies. Soon they will be dead, and your superstition will be swept
away by the tide of history!"

"Ah", says the priest. "That's just where you're wrong. There will always be
more old ladies".

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com