Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm angle of views nikon vs leica
From: Isaac Crawford <isaac@visi.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 23:32:27 -0400

Felix Erazo wrote:

> Hello Lugers
> I have a question nobody seems to know. I just bought my first Leica
> M6"Classic". with a 50mm f2. latest. At lunch time i took it out for a test
> run. side by side with my Nikon F100 with a 50mm lens. What i Immediately
> noticed was that the angle of view of 50 mm on the M6 was noticeably less
> than the 50 mm on my F100. in otherwords I could see alot more of an image
> in my nikon than the M6. Are the frame lines 100 view? on the M6?
> Thanks
> Felix

	Be sure that you're not confusing magnification with angle of view. The
Nikon will make everything look bigger because you are seeing through a
50mm lens, whereas the view through your M6 will look like a 28mm view
with framelines floating in air... If this isn't the problem, I don't
know what the answer is...:-)

Isaac