Subject: Re: [Leica] Phew! I feel a LOT better now!
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:30:26 -0400

Brian,

What happened to the 'rule' that anyone who started spewing off their
personal political drivel would be kicked from the LUG?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to talk politics (and religion and sex and the
politics of religion and sex and all of those other things that are so
contentious in polite company) but I'm on several lists that are more
appropriate venues to do that (I even run a few.) I am HERE on the Leica
Users List, specifically because I want to engage in discussion about
Photography in general and more specifically in Photography with Leicas and
other finely made compatible RF cameras. Most of us probably are not on LUG
to listen to far Leftists whine about how quickly the sky is falling or how
sexist men are in Poland or to listen to the far Rightist pithy commentary
about how unhappy all homosexuals that they've met are or their whining
about how any and all "science" is bunk unless it agrees with THEIR
political goals.

For the Gods' sake, I'd rather read about Ted's soft boxers or wade through
semi-on-topic optical semantic arguments by Erwin and Stephen et al, than
to see the Left and Right bicker about crap that is so totally unrelated to
our common interest. With well over a thousand members on the LUG all from
different political outlooks and environments about our big blue marble,
nothing else will be discussed of value here if this is allowed to flourish.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé
http://www.GoodPhotos.com
"Save the Planet!...kill yourself."