Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: autofocus macro
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 16:42:12 -0700

><Snip>
> Lea,
> Macro photography is usually defined as no magnification of the subject
> (1X) to about 10 X magnification. That is STARTING at 1:1 subject size to
> size recorded on film, as in a subject 1 inch tall being recorded on film
> 1 inch tall - actual life size. More magnification than about 10X moves
> into microphotography.
>
> Less than 1:1 is close-up.
>
> Welcome to the LUG, where no one escapes without a fight :)
>
> Henry

The way i always understood it 1:1 to 1:10 was macro.
1:1 to 10:1 and more is micro.

Actually in my own head i defined macro as photography which requires a bellows correction.
I think this is right at 1:10 requiring a half stop correction. If you are
shooting something ten inches tall and making it one inch on your you are at
that point.
If I'm being vague it's becuae i haven't a clue to what I'm talking about!!
I think it's all semantics. I think I'm antisemantic!!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/