Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus and 21mm F4 Color-Skopar
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:48:30 -0700

>><Snip>
>>
>> Hey Mark,
>>
>> I *do* have the Leica glass - the Cosina 25 I just sold was used on my
>> IIIf. I have - and use - the Leica 24 on the M6.
>>
>> Q: Why have two lenses in more or less the same focal length?
>> A: The 24 Elmarit ASPH is too goddam big for a IIIf!
>>
>> Q: Why buy the Cosina 21 when the Leica 21 is available?
>> A: The 21 Elmarit ASPH is too goddam big for a IIIf!
>>
>> Q: Why not just buy the Leica 21 and use it on the M6?
>> A: The 24 Elmarit ASPH won't let me!
>>
>> Guy
>
>Good points but how about a GORGEOUS 21 3.4 SA!!!!?
>

>Mark Rabiner

I'd love one, but they ain't cheap! And I'm not sure how it would
work/balance on a thread mount body. Can't put it on the M6. As I said, the
24 would never allow it.

The 21 SA, actually, is one of my dream lenses. In fact, my dream kit is:

- - M2
- - 50 Summicron DR
- - 35 Summicron
- - 21 SA

If I had a motto, it might be: Smaller, simpler, better.

Guy

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Autofocus and 21mm F4 Color-Skopar)
Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Autofocus and 21mm F4 Color-Skopar)