Subject: Re: [Leica] Here's a Kodachrome 25
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 09:57:48 -0700

Joe Codispoti wrote:

> Mark,
>
> That does it, I am dumping my M6 for a damned Nikon FM.
> I am impressed by the scan as much as the Kodachrome properties. At present
> I am using a Minolta Dimage Multi and I can't get a decent scan from very
> sharp (Kodachrome) slides.
>
> Joe Codispoti

I did a 4x multi sample scan on my Nikon LS-2000 with no ICE. I never use ICE.
It took a minute an a half.
I got a 26mg file from it now. Originally it was bigger because it was 16 bit.
When you see is reduced quite a bit and jpeged but at 80 to 90 percent.

This was my first time out with a 24mm lens. Up till then i never had a wide
angle lens only a 45 GN and for several months he use of a 135 while my 45 was
getting fixed.

It was certainly zone focused. I put the infinity over at the f11 or f8. Not an
easy focal length to work with but the most popular among my friends at that
time. Everyone i know was shooting 24's or may 28's on their Nikons. Lots of
fill flash with long shutter speeds.

I still have the lens and the camera but of course prefer my M6 and 24 Elmarit.
But for close-ups the 24 Nikkor I'd pull out.
In the studio once with that lens close in i did a shot of a bald women i should
upload, one of my biggies.

I've got another image from the California trip I'm going to scan right now.

Mendocino is from Mendocino County by the way which is where i think i was when
i shot that picture.

I sure like the color better when it was Kodachrome II!

Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] Here's a Kodachrome 25)